On the advice of Red Dirt Mama here is her list of some must haves and the things you can go without!
I've highlighted the stuff I already have.
1. Crib - mattress.
6. Mr Whoozit
7. Animal Kisses book
8. Baby monitor
2. Bassinet (I just had to have one)
3. Jumper ( I have Nates jumperroo)he loved it.
4. Wipe warmer,
5. Toys - they won't know the difference between baby Einstein and Tupperware.
6. Music CDs- your ability (or lack thereof) to carry a tune is irrelevant for the baby that loves his mother's voice - sign a song mama
8. Video monitors/motion sensors